E1: 49: Quote release to Sales Order Does Not maintain Freight Handling Code (FRTH)
(Doc ID 2404849.1)
Last updated on MAY 29, 2018
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Transportation Management - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
E1 Release: 9.2
Program ID: P42101
Tools Release: 9.2
When creating a Sales Order through P42101 and the system finds an existing Quote for the Customer and Item, the system releases the Sales Quote to the Sales Order and the pricing information is from the Sales Quote. However the Freight Handling Code of the SQ is not maintained on the SO. Instead, the Sales Order goes through Preferences and assigns the Freight handling code based on the Customer Freight Advanced Preferences.
If the Sales Quote is released to a Sales Orders through the P420111 program, then the Freight handling code is maintained from the SQ.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1) P4210: Enter a Sales Quote (SQ) and populate the Freight handling code
2) Set up preference for Customer freight (32), so that the customer will get a different Freight code
3) Set up P4210 version to process Quote order
4) Create transportation Sales order with P4210 for the same customer as the SQ
5) Note that order is released from Quote order
6) However the Freight code is defaulted based on the preference
7) P420111 Find Sales quote created earlier
8) Release quote and generate transportation sales order
9) Note that Freight code is defaulted from the Quote order
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!