E1: MOBJ: After Changing Tables to Unicode Structure(CHAR to NCHAR in Oracle DB), Non-Western European Character In Text Attachments Are Stored As Garbage
(Doc ID 2413487.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 12, 2018
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
While adding a new key on UDC 00|DT in double byte language and then adding a attachment on the same record, the value stored in GDTXKY of F00165 table is incorrect (contains garbage characters: 00|DT|¿¿). This issue started after changing the Business Data and Control Tables to Unicode structure (from CHAR to NCHAR).
This is issue is specific to Oracle database.
Steps to replicate:
- Go to UDC application and pick any UDC
2. Add a new UDC record with Key value of Chinese Character or any Non-Western European Character.
3. With the New UDC record, row exit to attachment, enter text data and save/exit
4. Go to databrowser and open F00165 table
- Locate GT9002 object and the UDC you have entered.
- Notice that the txky displays junk character instead the correct characters.
Below screen shots shows a new UDC value in Chinese characters,
Now a text attachment is being added
The new text attachment is saved successfully and the attachment icon is shown here
And here is how the data is stored in table. It has junk characters.
This issue started after changing the Business Data and Control Tables to Unicode structure (from CHAR to NCHAR).
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document