E1: 43: Voucher Match Variance Flag Off Exchange Rate Difference Recorded to PO Detail Account as Well as Tax Difference
(Doc ID 2427860.1)
Last updated on JUNE 09, 2021
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Procurement and Subcontract Management - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Line Type B Constants are setup with Voucher Match Variance Flag On. A supplier is setup with Tax explanation code "C" Taxes are non recoverable.
A voucher is match for a supplier with tax explanation code C along with a specific Tax / Area Rate. When purchases are in foreign currency, if Exchange rate changes, Voucher Match drives the tax difference to the account configured for DMAAI 4350 not the PO Expense / PO Detail account. The Exchange Rate difference is recorded to DMAAI 4340.
If the Voucher Match Variance Flag is turned Off in the Line Type Constants the Tax Difference will be recorded to the PO Expense / PO Detail account rather than the DMAAI 4350 account. The Exchange Rate Difference will also be recorded to the PO Expense / PO Detail account.
Customers request the ability to record the exchange rate difference to DMAAI 4340, while still booking Tax difference to PO Expense / PO Detail account.
Steps to Duplicate:
1. Make sure you have COLOMBIAN LOCALIZATION Activated. This issue can be duplicated without Localization
2. Go to P40205 Line Type Constants Revisions Setup for B Line Type and Turn On Voucher Match Variance Account Flag
3. Go to P4008 Work With Tax Rate/Areas and setup a specific Tax Rate / Area
4. Go to P04012 Supplier Master Tax Information Tab Make sure supplier has tax area with Taxes rates from step 3 and Tax Expl Code C
5. Go to P4310 Create foreign currency purchase order
6. Go to P4312 and receive PO but During Receipt, manually enter exchange rate with a different rate than current Exchange rate
7. Make sure DMAAI 4350 is configured with valid account
8. Go the P4314 Voucher Match and Make 3Way match. Make sure program defaulted CURRENT Exchange rate.
9. Notice DMAAI 4350 was used for the Tax Difference and Exchange Rate Difference hits DMAAI 4340. If the Voucher Match Variance Flag in the Line Type constants is turned off and the same test is done again the Tax Difference will Book to the PO Expense / PO Detail account and not the DMAAI 4350.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document