E1: 48S: R48120 Work-file Generation Assigns Invalid Tax Explanation To Work Order Transactions
(Doc ID 2434189.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 10, 2018
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Contract and Service Billing - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
DESCRIPTION OF PROBLEM
Work order setup via P17714 (Document Type=WO and it is defined on P40040 as a Work Order Definition Order Type of 02 Equipment Work Order). F0911 records have been entered with Subledger Type=W and subledger of the work order number, the tax information is set up only for the work order. But when running When running R48120, the BSFN N48S0070 is incorrectly overwriting the tax information from the VR02 field. This causes the tax information to be incorrect on therecord in the Work file on Service Billing side.
FYI: Tax information can be determined in Service billing by the following:
Service Billing and Contract Billing derive Tax Explanation Code (EXR1) and Tax Rate Area (TXA1) differently.
In Service Billing, the hierarchy for finding a tax rate is as follows:
1. Tax Derivation Table (F48127) The Tax Derivation Table applies to Service Billing only.
2. Work Order (F4801)
3. Job (F0006)*
4. Customer Master (F03B01)
Ref: E1: 52: How to Understand the Tax Hierarchy Contract Service Billing(Doc ID 640009.1)
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1. Setup Work Order and use VR02 (Reference 2) with Customer number
2. Setup Tax on Work Order
3. Enter JE for Work order (using subledger type and subledger)
4. Run R48120 for Service Billing
5. Note that Tax information (Tax Expl and Tax Rate) are incorrect and not what is setup for Work Order
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!