E1: 42: Workday Calendar Doesn´t Work With Sales Date Preferences
(Doc ID 2436722.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 01, 2019
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Sales Order Entry - Version 9.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Sales Order Entry (P4210)
Sales Order Entry (P4210) doesn´t consider the weekends and holidays in the Workday Calendar (P0071) when calculating the Scheduled Pick, Promised Shipment and Promised Delivery Dates previously configured in the Delivery Date (P40309) and Order Preparation Days (P40316) preference profiles.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Customer 30873 Billing Instructions (P03013) have route code populated as 098
- Preference Master (P40070) setup with records for Preference 09 (Delivery Date) and Preference 16 (Order Preparation Days) preferences
- Delivery Date Profile (P40309) is setup for 3 Transit Days for Branch Plant BOD-PT and Route Code 098
- Order Preparation Days Profile (P40316) is setup for 1 Transit Days for Branch Plant BOD-PT
- Workday Calendar (P00071) is setup for Branch Plant ALL for August 2018
- Saturday and Sunday are set to E (Exclude) for all weeks in August 2018
- Monday in week 3 is set to H (Holiday) in August 2018
- Sales Order (P4210) is created in Branch BOD-PT for Customer 30873 and an item is entered on the sales detail line
- The Requested Date was entered as August 23, 2018 and the preference calculated the Scheduled Pick Date as Sunday, August 19, 2018 (a weekend) and the Promised Ship Date as Monday, August 20, 2018 (a holiday)
If Sales Order Entry (P4210) sets the Scheduled Pick Date and Promised Ship Date on a Weekend or Holiday, there will be nobody in the warehouse to pick or ship the item on the scheduled date. This can cause late deliveries and can negatively impact customer satisfaction.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document