E1: 31: R31410 Hard Commits Back Ordered Qty To Primary Blank Location
(Doc ID 2439395.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 04, 2019
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Shop Floor Control - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When the Manufacturing Constants Commitment Control is set to Soft, Hard when printing when the R31410 Order Processing is run, given a scenario where all inventory On Hand / Available in all locations is correctly Committed / Hard Committed to work orders the shortage / Back Ordered Qty gets Hard Committed to the Primary Blank Location.
STEPS To Duplicate:
1. Setup a P Stocking Type Item in the Item Master and Item Branch for Item i.e. 82318 with the Commitment Method Field set to 1 Location With Most Quantity.
2. Then Adjust in inventory for the item in B/P M30 i.e. location A Qty 100 and Location B Qty 200
3. Make note of P41202 Work With Item Availability at the beginning showing 100 in loc A and 200 in loc B total 300 on hand and available.
4. Create a P48013 MFG Work Order i.e. 623398 with item 82318 on the part list with a Qty of 500 which is more than is available.
5. Make note of P41202. i.e. 500 Soft Committed to Primary as expected.
6. Run R31410 with processing options 1, 2, 3 in the Process Tab set to Blank, and processing options 1, 2, 3 in the Printing 1 Tab set to 1. Data Select on the work order created above i.e. 623398. Notice in the P41202 Work With Item Availability the inventory has been correctly hard committed in each location. However since the part list Qty was for 500 there is a Shortage / Back Ordered Qty of 200 that is Hard Committed to Primary. The issue is the Shortage / Back Ordered Qty of 200 should be Soft Committed to Primary.
Note this can be duplicated using a Equipment Work Order and Running R13415 Order Processing a separate Bug has been entered for R13415.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document