E1: 34: Negative Forecast Is Not Reflected in Net Total of Time Series (P3413) FSCT and Detail Message Review (P3411)
(Doc ID 2447354.1)
Last updated on APRIL 13, 2022
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Requirements Planning - Version 9.1 to 9.2 [Release 9.1 to 9.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Negative forecast records defined in the Enter/Change Forecast program (P3460) do not get accounted for in the adjusted values (FCST) of the MRP Time Series (P3413). The desire is to have the negative forecast quantities accounted for in MRP calculations when there is a positive forecast in the same time period/bucket. Additionally, the Detail Message Review (P3411) is also impacted as negative forecast is not accounted for. The belief is that MRP should respect negative forecast down to a quantity greater than zero (meaning that we should NEVER see zero or negative forecast quantities in the Time Series and should NEVER order zero or negative quantities) as we do not calculate forecast quantities as supply. For example, if we are planning monthly and there are two forecasts defined in the month of October, one for a quantity of 101 and another for a -10, the system should calculate forecast requirements for a quantity of 91.
- In the Item Branch/Plant Additional System Info (P41026), the Planning Fence Rule G (Greater of Forecast or Customer Demand).
- Planning Fence Rule G with Planning Fence days of 120 days indicates that the Greater of Forecast or Customer Demand before the fence, Forecast after the fence.
- In the Forecast Revisions (P3460), for the month of October, there are two forecasts, one for a quantity of -10 and another for a quantity of 101.
- R3482 Processing Options. Processing Option 3 (Planning Horizon Periods) of the Horizon tab is defined to plan monthly.
- Run MRP (R3482).
- In the Time Series (P3413), note that for the month of October, the FCSU is calculated as 91.0000 while the FCST quantity is defined as 101.0000. This is the issue as the unadjusted (FSCU) value accounts for the negative forecast (101 -10) while the adjusted (FCST) does not.
- The Detail Message Review (P3411) is also impacted as the negative forecast is not accounted for as the system is generated an Order message for a quantity of 101 without regard for the negative forecast of 10 in the same month.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document