Announcing Improvements to the Upgrade Process for JD Edwards Customers on Microsoft Windows
(Doc ID 2449646.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 20, 2018
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
What Are We Announcing
Oracle previously announced the availability of upgrade improvements for JD Edwards EnterpriseOne customers on Oracle Technology Stack, enabling customers to accelerate the upgrade process and go live more quickly.
Oracle is pleased to announce the support of these upgrade improvements for JD Edwards EnterpriseOne customers on the Microsoft Windows platform.
Upgrade Enhancements for Customers on Microsoft Windows
JD Edwards customers on Microsoft Windows can benefit from the improvements to the upgrade process, which has been enhanced to include the latest product enhancements, patches, and security critical patch updates (CPU) as part of the upgrade. By leveraging JD Edwards One-Click Provisioning, the upgrade process provisions a JD Edwards 9.2 target environment with the current application patches and tools release. This eliminates days and weeks of applying manual patches during the upgrade process and enables customers to move quickly into business acceptance testing.
Benefits of Simplified Upgrade
- Reduces cost, time, and effort to upgrade JD Edwards EnterpriseOne, with minimal impact to customizations
- Eliminates the need to manually install Tools and Applications updates released since 9.2 GA
- In addition to supporting on-premises upgrades, customers can lift and shift to Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) and upgrade to JD Edwards 9.2 as a single process
Supported Source Environment
- Release: JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Applications releases 9.0.2 and 9.1
- Platform: Linux with Oracle Database (see previous announcement), Microsoft Windows with SQL Server Database
Today’s announcement demonstrates Oracle’s continuing investment in JD Edwards products and our commitment to our customers to enable their journey to a digital enterprise.
For more information, see the following resources:
- Oracle by Example (OBE): Upgrading JD Edwards EnterpriseOne to Release 9.2 on a One-Click Provisioned Target Environment on Windows
- Learning Path: Upgrading JD Edwards EnterpriseOne to Release 9.2 on a One-Click Provisioned Target Environment on Linux
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document