E1: 42: SO Entry (P4210) Incorrectly Checks Availability on W Line Type Item
(Doc ID 2459570.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 03, 2019
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Sales Order Processing - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Sales Order Entry (P4210 & P42101)
When attempting to enter a Sales Order with a W line type, the program checks availability and the following warning appears.
“Order Quantity Exceeds what's Available”(030B)
CAUSE . . . . There is not enough available quantity to completely ship this order.
RESOLUTION. . This is a warning. The order will exhaust current availability, then backorder or cancel the remaining order quantity if specified in the processing option.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Create a new item with W line type.
- Item Availability Inquiry (P41202) shows no inventory on hand or available in Branch 30
- On the Version of Sales Order Entry (P4210) Commitment Tab Processing Option #1 (Activate Availability Checking) is set to 2 (Activate, notify, but do not backorder or cancel)
- Create the order and enter the item on the line.
- The “Order Quantity Exceeds what's Available”(030B) warning appears. This should not appear on a W line type.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document