E1: 42: "Error: invalid tag name" appears in Proposal Generation Wizard PDF File
(Doc ID 2473373.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 04, 2019
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Sales Order Entry - Version 8.11 Base and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
P90CA24 - Proposal generator wizard
When attempting to generate a sales proposal from a composite template composed of three simple templates, the proposal PDF is created, but the merged output is not presentable and displays "Error: invalid tag name" in the PDF file output:
The issue is duplicated using the following steps:
- Create a simple template in a .rtf fle containing an embeded image with Company Logo, Address and Labels For Quote Number and Date
- Create a second simple Template in a .rtf file using a table with tags for insertion of Sold To and Ship To name and address information
- Create a third simple Template in a .rtf file using a table with Tags for Order Detail Lines
- Go into Proposal Generation Setup program (P90CA242) and Click Step 1 - Data Set Administration.
- Add a new data set for the Logo and save it.
- Add a second data set for the Addresses and save it.
- Add a third data set for the Lines and save it.
- Click Step 2 Simple Data Set Administration
- Create a Simple Template for the LOGO from the first .rtf file
- Create a Simple Template for the ADDRESSES from the second rtf file
- Create a Simple Template for the LINES from the third rtf file
- Click Step 3 - Composite Template Administration.
- Create a Composite Template consisting of the three Simple Templates make the template Active.
- Create and Save a Sales Quote.
- Select the quote and Row Exit to Generate Proposal.
- On Step 1 - Proposal Generation Wizard (P90CA24) select the Composite Template and click Next Button.
- On Step 2 Select all three Simple Templates and click the Next Button.
- On Proposal Generation Step 3 of 3, the proposal PDF is generated.
- View the PDF output which shows proposal generated from merged templates.
- Image information was not applied
- Sold To and Ship To had "Invalid Tag Name" errors for every line of data field to be merged and retrieved
- The Column Labels had Error: Invalid Tag name in each column
- The Data field under the column was successfully retrieved from the Sales Quote
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document