E1: 43: Retainage Posts to the Purchase Order Header Company and Not the Purchase Order Detail Company (P4314)
(Doc ID 2480363.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 05, 2018
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Procurement and Subcontract Management - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On: 9.2, Procurement
Tools Release: 9.2
Voucher Match (P4314)
After upgrading from 9.1 to 9.2, Voucher Match (P4314) is using the PO Header company to create the business unit segment of the Retainage Payable G/L account.
Because the journal entries are different than is required, the liability is counted against the wrong company's balance sheet and accounting personnel have to spend extra time making manual journal entries to fix the accounting entries to charge the liability against the correct company balance sheet.
Steps to Recreate:
- In E1 Release 9.2 create a J line type purchase order with 10% Retainage with Branch M30/Company 200 in the header and Branch 30/Company 1 in the detail line.
- Set the Processing Options of Voucher Match (P4314) as follows:
- Retainage Tab Option #1 (Default) = 1 (Load retainage for positive/credit lines)
- Process Tab Option #9 (Company Retrieval from branch plant) to Blank (Each Detail Line) -- this processing option sets the Accounts Payable Trade business unit to come from the PO Detail Line. This should also set the Retainage Payable business unit to come from the PO Detail Line.
- Perform a 2-way Voucher Match (P4314)
- Check G/L Distribution.
- Retainage Payable incorrectly used Header Company business unit (200.4140) instead of Detail Company (1.4140) business unit as specified in the processing option.
- Accounts Payable Trade correctly used the Detail Company business unit (1.4110) as specified in the processing option.
If Process tab Option# 9 (Company Retrieval) is set to Blank (Each Detail Line), Accounts Payable and Retainage Payable should both use the Company from the PO Detail Line. The liabilities should be accounted for in the detail company that is buying the products or services.
The 9.2 functionality should not have been changed from how it worked in 9.1.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document