E1: 01: R01840 Changes the Geocode From O (Outside City Limits) To V (Vertex Geocode)
(Doc ID 2480787.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 05, 2022
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Address Book - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 9.1 version, Address Book
Customer is requesting a modification be made the the Effective Address Update (R01840) UBE that keeps the program from updating GeoCodes beginning with 'O' (outside city limits) to 'V. Customer's business case for this is that a high percentage of their Ship To Customers are located outside the limits of nearby cities. Therefore they had to exert much manual effort to track and correct the Geocode values entered at the time of Customer creation and then over-written by R01840. This also cost them much effort to calculate Customer refunds and enter A/R credits for incorrect Sales Taxes on our invoices, when the manual work-around did not catch the changes made by R01840.
The following assumes F0116/EFTF value = <blank> for a newly added Customer record: When R01840 is executing, it fetches a Geocode and writes it to a temporary field.
The modification would look at the Geocode value in that temp field, strips the leading alpha character to leave the numeric value, which is compared to a similarly trimmed value from F03012/TXA1 for that AN8.
- If the numerical values match, no changes are made to the value already in F03012/TXA1
- If the numerical values do not match, the system will take the Geocode from the temp field and write it to F03012/TXA1
- User creates Customer Master record with the TXA1 value = O370110840
- R01840 executes and fetches the value = V370110840
- The modification compares the trimmed values: 370110840 to 370110840, and since they match, no change is made to the value in F03012/TXA1. It remains O370110840
Then the R01840 does its thing and updates F0116/EFTE with the value '1'
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document