E1: 42: P42101 Edit Full Header Does Not Allow Correcting Invalid Address Error
(Doc ID 2487987.1)
Last updated on MARCH 12, 2021
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Sales Order Entry - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 9.2 version, Sales
P42101 SO Entry
In the scenario wherein a customers Billing Address Type is changed from X to B, the Edit Full Header option of P42101 does not allow the user to make the required changes.
Address Type Invalid
1. In customer master, consider an address number 4247 for which Billing Address Type is set as X [Bill To and Ship To]
2. In the P.O of P42101| Task Flow Tab is set as Blank [ Add detail first]
3. Create a SO using P42101 for this address number as Sold To and Ship To and complete the Order.
4. Now go back into the customer master and change the Bill Address Type of this customer to B [ Bill To Address Only]
5. Now query and select this order from P42101
6. Now system correctly throws the error Address Type Invalid
7. Now client tries to click on the option Edit Full Header so that they can change the Ship To Address, but nothing happens.
8. System does not move to the P42101 Header screen to allow the user to make the changes.
9. Consider a different scenario wherein we have Payment terms defined in P0014 as say 097
10. Populate this Payment Terms in Customer Master
11. Create a new order using P42101 wherein user directly goes to detail, populate the required information and notice that the Payment Terms defaults for this customer. Save the order.
12. Now delete this Payment Terms record from P0014. Log off and log back into the system.
13. This time around, populate the correct Payment Terms in the Customer Master
14. Reinquire back into the P42101 Order detail, tab off the line and notice that system issues the error “Payment Terms Code Invalid”, which is fine.
15. Now clicking on Edit Full Header Button does take the user to the P42101 Header Revisions screen accordingly.
16. Hence, expectation is that the same functionality should work when the Billing Address Type is changed in customer master and that clicking Edit Full Header button should allow the user to goback to the Order Header Revisions.
Due to this issue, users cannot process the existing open Sales Orders
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document