E1: 44H: F4101 Item Master Record deleted when Deleting a Homebuilder Item (F44H4101 Record) via P44H600 Item Master Maintenance
(Doc ID 2491359.1)
Last updated on JULY 09, 2021
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Homebuilder - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 9.2 version, TR 9.2, Homebuilder, P44H600
The P44H600 program accesses the F44H4101 (Homebuilder Item Master) and the F4101 (Distribution Item Master). Within the F44H4101 table there can be many records to the 1 record within the F4101. These tables are tied by the Short Item Number, which is a key value assigned by Next Numbers. When the delete function is performed against an item for a specific area (and there can multiples of the same item but for different areas), it deletes the F44H4101 for the specific area, but it also deletes the F4101 record, even though those items still exist in the F44H4101 for a different area. Then when trying to access the items in the area that was not deleted, those items are not displayed because the Item Master in the F4101 was deleted.
The program needs to verify that if there are items in the F44H4101 do not delete the F4101. Expecting the F4101 record to remain if there are still records for this short Item number existing in the F44H4101.
The following provides an example of how to create this situation:
1. P44H600 - Item Master Maintenance: Create a new test item.
2. Add item TID1 - Test Item Delete 1. At time of item add, Area is a required field.
3. Add item TID1 to Area 551. short item assigned = 797101
4. Add item TID1 to Area 555. As you do this, it populates the description and short Item number from previous item add.
5. Add item TID1 to Area 501. As you do this, it populates the description and short Item number from previous item add.
6. P44H600 - Item Master Maintenance, do a Find on the item# to display all 3 records.
7. Select one of the records and press the Delete Icon.
8. The F44H4101 record for the specific Area deleted (step 7) has been deleted but the other 2 remain.
9. The F4101 record for this short ID# has been deleted.
10. Can no longer Find the items in P44H600 even though records exist in F44H4101. This is due to F4101 record no longer existing for this short ID#.
If the delete process is done within the P44H600 screen Work With Items (W44H600B), the delete process will delete the F4101 no matter what, even if there are matching items in the F44H4101. BUT if you use the delete function within the Item Maintenance screen (W44H600A) and you do the same item deletion process, it will not delete the F4101 if there are matching records within the F44H4101.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document