E1: 13: P051121 & P12110 Always Uses Blank Rate Table In P1301
(Doc ID 2501005.1)
Last updated on JUNE 07, 2021
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Capital Asset Management - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When a record exists in the P1301 Equipment Rates that is a historical rate that is out of effect and has a “Blank Rate Table” setup in field RTTB the P051121 TE By Employee and the P12110 Equipment Time Entry programs do not follow the correct P1302 Rental Rules Default Rate Table hierarchy setup to pull the correct Rate Table and Rate setup in the P1301. The programs always use the P1301 Equipment Rate that is setup with a “Blank Rate Table” in field RTTB even if it’s out of effect. This causes the programs to use the incorrect Billing Rate if the Blank record is in effect, and throw a Rate Code Invalid Error if the Blank record is out of effect.
Steps To Duplicate:
1. Go to menu G1343 / P13901 and setup a Rate Code i.e. TC Billing Freq H
2. Go to UDC Table 12/C0 and add a Rate Group i.e. AAC
3. Go to UDC Table 13/TB and add a Rate Table i.e. KRL
4. Go to menu G1311 / P1701 / P1702 and create an asset i.e. 121818SN where in the classifications tab Rate Group is setup as i.e. AAC.
5. In this example the user / Address Book Number / Employee Number that will be used in the P051121 will need to be set up with a Home Company i.e. 200 and Home Business Unit i.e. M30. Do this in the P0801.
6. Go to G1343 / P1301 and add three Equipment Rates as follows
Rate Table Blank, Rate Group AAC, Rate Code TC, Billing Rate $20, Start Effective Date 1/01/17 and Ending Effective Date 12/31/17. Second record will be Rate Table KRL, Rate Group AAC, Rate Code TC, Billing Rate $30, Start Effective Date 1/1/18 and Ending Effective Date 12/31/18. Third record will be Rate Table KRL, Rate Group AAC, Rate Code TC, Billing Rate $195, Start Effective Date 1/28/19 and Ending Effective Date 12/31/20. In this example the blank rate table record will be out of effect so the P051121 will throw the “Rate Code Invalid” error because it’s trying to pull the Blank out of effect rate table. If the record was in effect the P051121 would simply use the incorrect Rate of $20 from the Blank record without throwing the error.
7. Go to menu G1343/P1302 and add Rental Rules where Company is i.e. 200, Business Unit / Job is i.e. M30, Default Table 01 is i.e. KRL, and In the Defaults Tab Equipment Rate Code is i.e. TC.
8. Go to menu G1317 / P051121 and add time entry by ding the following. Enter Employee / Address Book Number that was just setup with home Company 200 and Home BU of M30 i.e. 6808828, Pay = 1, Hours = 8, Work Date = Today, Equipment Hours = 8, and Equipment Worked = Asset Set up earlier in step 4 i.e 121818SN. Step down to next line and notice the hard error “Rate Code Invalid For This Asset” error ID 1134. This is correct error as the Blank Rate Table is out of effect, however it should not be looking at the P1301 Blank Rate Table record because it’s out of effect and it not the default Rate Table 01 setup in the P1302 Rental Rules. Again If the Blank Rate Table record was in effect the P051121 would simply use the incorrect Rate of $20 from the Blank record without throwing the error. Or if the Blank record was deleted out of the P1301 the system would pull the correct Rate Table record KRL the one that is currently in effect with a rate of $195.00.
9. Note this issue can be duplicated using the P12110 Equipment Time Entry. It seems both programs must use the same business functions to go through a hierarchy to pull and P1301 Equipment Rate. Therefore P12110 should be tested and corrected as well.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document