E1: 34: Unexpected Cancel Messages Are Created For Items With Max Quantity By R3482
(Doc ID 2508586.1)
Last updated on MARCH 12, 2021
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Requirements Planning - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When running R3483, unnecessary cancel messages are created under the following situations.
-Item has Max Quantity in Item/Branch Information (F4102)
-There are 3 work orders with 5 EA each as supply. Total of supply quantity is 15EA.
-There is 1 sales order with 14EA as demand. Its scheduled pick date is a week after request date of WOs.
-After running R3483, 2 cancel messages and 1 defer message are created.
This issue could not occur by R3482. R3482 creates 3 defer messages correctly.
Steps to duplicate:
1. Add 3 WOs (P48013). Request date is 8/17 and quantity ordered is 5.
2. Add a sales order (P4210). Its scheduled pick date is 8/24. And its quantity ordered is 14.
3. Check supply and demand (P4021). Quantity Available on 8/24 is 1EA. That is, supply exceeds demand.
4. Run R3483
5. Check detail messages (P3411). There are 2 cancel messages for the 2 existing WOs. And 2 O messages are generated. And cancel messages and order messages should not be generated. 3 defer messages for 3 existing WOs should be generated correctly.
6. When running R3482, 3 defer messages are generated for 3 existing WOs correctly.
*Item setup (P41026). Branch item master (P41026). In quantities, Set 5 to maximum and minimum reorder quantity.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document