E1: 45: Purchasing Price Adjustment Using Item Cost Instead Of Supplier Catalog Price
(Doc ID 2514554.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 30, 2019
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Procurement and Subcontract Management - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Purchase Order Entry (P4310)
Loss of functionality
A procurement price adjustment is not calculated using the Supplier Catalog (P41061) price. The Item Cost Ledger (P4105) cost is used instead to calculate the price.
Significance of the loss
This is delaying testing and deployment of a new procurement price adjustment.
Sequence of events
- Preference Hierarchy (P40073) N5 is set for All Customers/All Items.
- An item is setup with Purchase Price Level 1 (Use the supplier/item price from the Purchase Price table (F41061)).
- An Item Branch Record (P41026) exists with a specific supplier populated.
- In the Item Cost Ledger (P4105) a cost is populated.
- In the Supplier Catalog (P41061), a price for the Item and Supplier combination is different than the Item Cost.
- Setup a Price Adjustment Definition (P4071) for Target Application 1 (Procurement) as a Line Level Adjustment, Adjustment Control Code 2 (Print on Document), Preference Hierarchy is N5, Override Price checkbox is checked, and Quantity Level Break is selected.
- Price Adjustment Schedule (P4070) has only the one adjustment populated.
- Price Adjustment Detail (P4072) has factor value numeric 100 and basis code 2. This is for all customers and all items.
- Populate the Price Adjustment Schedule on the purchasing instructions (P04012).
- Create a Purchase Order for the Item, Branch and Supplier Combination. The Item Cost is used to calculate the price adjustment.
- Check Price History (P4074). The Price Adjustment (COEFN5) is applied but the price adjustment is calculated based on the Item Cost (P4105) not the Supplier Catalog (P41061) .
Where the issue happens
This occurs in all environments including the production (live) environment
Expected or acceptable result
The adjustment should be calculated based on the Catalog (P41061) price not the Item Cost (F4105).
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document