E1: 47: Blanks Invalid Error (0003) On Partial Receipt With EDI Receiving Advice (R47071)
(Doc ID 2517723.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 24, 2019
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne EDI - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
EDI Receiving Advice Edit/Create (R47071)
Loss of functionality
The client is receiving a Blanks Invalid Error (0003) when attempting to perform a partial receipt using the EDI Receiving Advice Edit/Create (R47071).
Significance of the loss
The client is testing EDI PO Receipts for the first time and plans to go live with EDI PO Receipts in Summer.
Sequence of events
- Create a 6 line purchase order with 5,000 units per line
- Receive an EDI Document from the supplier for a shipment of 6 lines on the purchase order with 5,000 units per line
- The first 3 lines are air shipped and arrived at the warehouse right away
- The second 3 lines were shipped using ground transportation and won’t arrive until next week
- A user goes into Inbound EDI Receiving Advice Revisions (P47070)
- They blank out the Quantity Received (F47072.UREC) on lines 4-6 intending to only receive lines 1-
- The user the runs the EDI Receiving Advice Edit/Create (R47071).
- When the Job is run, the report PDF shows the first 3 lines are fine but the last three lines are in error
- Checking the Work Center, lines 4-6 have the Blanks Invalid Error (0003)
Where the issue happens
It happens in all environments, but the client is only running this in a test environment as they are not yet live.
Expected or acceptable result
The client expects lines 1-3 to process without error and for lines 4-6 to be ignored.
Specific error messages (error number with syntax)
Blanks Invalid Error (0003)
CAUSE . . . . The data field being processed does not allow blanks or zeros to be entered.
RESOLUTION. . Enter a non-blank or non-zero value.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document