E1: 13: 17: P1721 To Not Restrict Contracts End Date For Disposed Assets Per Disposed Date
(Doc ID 2518281.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 11, 2019
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Capital Asset Management - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
P1721 should not restrict new contract end date for disposed assets per the disposed date.
Business case scenario: sell used monitors to customers and provide the basic warranty or repair contracts for those equipment pieces.
The asset is disposed in the Fixed Asset module but they still want to support the customer on those sold units.
Unfortunately, when creating a new contract in P1721, when Contract End date is populated and user clicks on OK button, the hard error pops up "Item was Disposed".
The only work around if you want to change a date or other data on the assets' service contract is to:
- Remove the Disposed date on the asset record (making a mental or ideally physical note on what the date is),
- Save the asset record with NO Disposed date
- Re-query the contract record
- Make the change on the contract record and Save it.
- Finally, go back to the asset record and put the disposed date back and save it.
For contracts with multiple lines applying this workaround takes a lot of time.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document