Announcing JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Customer Driven ERP Enhancements and Tools Digital Transformation Features - April 2019
(Doc ID 2525940.1)
Last updated on JULY 11, 2019
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Real Estate Management - Version 9.1 and later
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne General Ledger - Version 9.2 and later
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Human Resources Management - Version 9.2 and later
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools - Version 9.2 and later
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Capital Asset Management - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
What Are We Announcing?
Oracle JD Edwards today announces significant customer-driven product updates to empower companies on their journey to becoming digital enterprises. These enhancements provide companies transformative solutions to innovate in the digital economy and to run their business their way.
Tools Release 22.214.171.124 provides customers with innovation benefiting Applications releases 9.1 and 9.2. These Tools updates include Notification framework enhancements, new Orchestration capabilities, Extensibility framework enhancements, and updated platform certifications.
Customer-Driven ERP Enhancements
Customer-driven ERP enhancements continue to build on the extensive business applications already available within JD Edwards EnterpriseOne. These enhancements provide valuable new business logic, simplify business processes, and enhance the user experience.
Enhancements to Joint Venture Management
Previously, Oracle announced the availability of enhancements to JD Edwards Financial Management to provide customers, who act as the managing partner in one or more joint ventures with several benefits. These enhancements enable customers to define joint ventures, specify date-effective percentages of ownership, calculate each joint venture partner’s pro rata share of cost and revenue, calculate overhead charges, and perform billing for joint ventures. This foundation provides customers important management oversight that includes traceability and auditability of all transactions and distributed amounts related to each joint venture.
Today, we are announcing additional functionality to support allocation of indirect costs based on the joint venture attributes. The Advanced Variable Numerator Allocations feature within JD Edwards EnterpriseOne has been enhanced to include a joint venture type of allocation. This feature enhancement enables users to enter joint venture-specific information in their allocation specifications.
Significant benefits gained from implementing the JD Edwards Joint Venture Management solution include:
- Simplifying support of joint venture agreements by leveraging the flexibility in defining and calculating overhead charges for indirect costs incurred by the managing partner.
- Improving operational efficiency with applications that provide visibility into joint venture transactions and the distribution of those transactions to the joint venture partners.
- Reducing month-end close time with automated processes that:
o Create and print invoices for each partner’s share of expenses.
o Create and pay vouchers for each partner’s share of revenue.
- Using the standard JD Edwards reporting processes to generate financial statements and reports for the joint venture.
Configurability of Delinquency Notices
When printing delinquency notices, customers may want to print a combination of delinquent invoices, non-delinquent invoices, and credit memos on the notices. The delinquency notice print process has been enhanced to allow for any combination of invoices to be printed on the delinquency notice. Previously, the only option for customers was to print all the invoices or only the delinquent invoices on their delinquency notices. This enhancement provides customers the flexibility they need when printing delinquency notices by ensuring that they have the specific details required when communicating with their customers.
Update Center Download
ISO Country Code Update
JD Edwards customers operate globally and work with customers, suppliers, employees, and internal entities from many countries. The country codes within JD Edwards EnterpriseOne have been updated based upon the current ISO standards.
Update Center Download
ISO Currency Code Update
JD Edwards customers work with customers, suppliers, employees, and internal entities from many countries, and generate transactions in a multitude of currencies. The currency codes within JD Edwards EnterpriseOne have been updated based on the current ISO standards.
Human Capital Management
Visibility of Dependents and Beneficiaries in Open Enrollment
The Benefits Open Enrollment process has been enhanced to make the identification and selection of dependents versus beneficiaries easier. A new column has been added that indicates dependent or beneficiary type.
Update Center Download
PDBA Filter and Search
The PDBA Setup and Visual Assist forms have been enhanced to simplify finding and accessing active Pay Types, Deductions, Benefits, and Accruals (PDBAs). You can switch between viewing all PDBAs or only active PDBAs with a single click, resulting in faster access, greater accuracy, and an improved user experience.
Update Center Download.
Allow Employee Level Tax Exemption
Employee Tax Overrides capability has been enhanced to accommodate an employee level exemption to support situations where an employee may be exempt until an existing plan expires. This override will prevent the tax from being calculated and will reduce taxable gross to zero for the tax type.
Update Center Download
Payment Review Support for both Summary by DBA and DBA Detail Reviews
The Review Payment History has been enhanced so that you can review both DBA detail and a summary of DBA amounts by DBA code. This flexibility makes payments easier to review regardless of the number of time cards for the period. Previously, DBA history could only be reviewed in full detail.
Update Center Download
Flexibility in Discretionary Withholding when Net Pay is less than Zero
It is common for the U.S. employees to request, through Form W4, that extra tax withholdings are withheld from their normal pay for federal, state, or local taxes. These withholdings are defined in JD Edwards and applied to payroll processing. JD Edwards Payroll can now be configured so that extra tax withholdings are not applied if they result in negative net pay. This new configuration provides companies with greater flexibility for payroll processing of employees whose hours and salaries fluctuate
This release delivers the following Localization updates:
· EnterpriseOne U.S. Financial Year End 2018 (1099s)
· EnterpriseOne U.S. Payroll Year End 2018 (W2, EFW2, 1099)
· EnterpriseOne Canada Year End 2018 (T4, T4A, NR4, RL-1, RL-2)
· World U.S. Financial Year End 2018 (1099s)
· World U.S. Payroll Year End 2018 (W2, EFW2, 1099)
· World Canada Year End 2018 (T4, T4A, NR4, RL-1, RL-2)
· Argentina - General Resolution AFIP 4290/2018
· Brazil - NFe 4.0 ICMS-ST Update
· Brazil - Nota Fiscal Technical Note 2016_002 v1.60
· European Union - Customer/Supplier Balance Report Updates
· European Union - eInvoicing for Receivables (B2G)
· India - Place of Supply - SCST+CGST Instead of IGST
· Portugal - Spares Consumption Data Section 4.3 - SAFT
· Spain - Issued Invoiced Register Updates
· Spain - Received Invoice Register Updates
Following is a link to the Localization MOS document on My Oracle Support:
Enhancements to JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Orchestrator
The Orchestrator Studio has evolved to be a fundamental enabler of how customers use their EnterpriseOne systems to succeed in the modern digital economy. The Orchestrator Studio continues to be enhanced to address the dynamic requirements of a fast-changing industry.
- Support for the OpenAPI specification: To facilitate the interoperability of RESTful web services, the industry has standardized on the OpenAPI specification. By conforming to this specification, the orchestrations are now self-documenting and discoverable by third-party systems. For example, a third-party system can send a request to the EnterpriseOne AIS server and receive a catalog of the available orchestrations, including a definition of their inputs and outputs. Every orchestration automatically produces this standard documentation without any manual effort. This feature transforms the Orchestrator, and the entire EnterpriseOne system, to be a first-class participant in the exchange of RESTful services in the digital economy.
- Enhanced control of orchestration output: Orchestration designers now have more control over the format of orchestration output, especially for complicated output structures. Designers can specify string, numeric, date, and Boolean types. This specification enables orchestration output to be more easily exchanged with external systems and better documented according to the OpenAPI specification.
- Support for XML input and output: Orchestrations can now accept XML as input in addition to the existing JSON notation and CSV, and they can produce output in XML. These input and output notations can be used in any combination.
- Required inputs for orchestrations: Orchestration designers can now specify that inputs are required, thus enabling clearer communication with external systems.
- ISO Date and Boolean data types: Orchestration inputs and outputs can now be specified as conforming to the ISO Date format as well as to Boolean (True/False).
- Paging for high-volume data: To enable the retrieval of large data sets from EnterpriseOne tables, a new paging feature enables the data to be retrieved in pages (“chunks”). Paging uses server memory more efficiently and stabilizes the retrieval of large data sets.
Numerous other enhancements have been included in Tools 126.96.36.199 and Orchestrator Studio 7.2.0 releases. Please see the JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Product Catalog for a complete list of enhancements.
Enhancements to Notifications
First introduced with Tools 9.2.2, Notifications employ the power of orchestrations to mine the data that is available in JD Edwards EnterpriseOne, as well as in third-party systems, to detect important events or conditions. Notifications are used to push messages to subscribers and to provide subscribers with actionable links. With Tools 188.8.131.52, the following enhancements have been made in Notifications:
- Multiple actions: Notification designers can now include more than one action link in the messages. Designers can rename the links and include text before and after the link.
- Orchestrations and URLs as actions: In addition to links to EnterpriseOne applications, links can now launch orchestrations or URLs.
- Report attachments: Messages can now include EnterpriseOne reports as attachments.
- Search for subscriptions: Subscribers can now more easily search and filter the list of notifications they subscribe to, as well as their existing subscriptions.
- Shared categories: Categories enable subscribers to tag their notifications for better organization and filtering. With Tools 184.108.40.206, users can save categories to a shared repository. Having a shared repository of categories encourages consistent reuse of categories among users.
- Support for iPad: The Message Center and My Worklist pages are now supported on JD Edwards EnterpriseOne for iPad.
Launch Orchestrations from a Form
Oracle JD Edwards continues to empower citizen developers to help meet industry and region business requirements without customizations. As part of the same endeavor, JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Form Extensibility has now been enhanced to support launching orchestrations from EnterpriseOne forms. This enhancement enables citizen developers to extend and augment base JD Edwards EnterpriseOne applications with the power of orchestrations for process automation and integration with third-party products. For customers who employ orchestrations to automate and integrate their business processes, the trigger to launch an orchestration is often not an external event, but rather an internal event within the JD Edwards EnterpriseOne applications business process. As an example, whenever a high-priority customer’s sales order goes on credit hold, you might want to notify the credit manager in real time to take corrective action. This feature enables citizen developers to extend the sales order details revision form to launch an orchestration on the creation of every sales order. The orchestration, which is invoked in real time, performs the required checks and notifies the credit manager if required.
Form Extensibility Enhancements
Oracle JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Form Extensibility, which was first introduced with 220.127.116.11, enables citizen developers to extend JD Edwards EnterpriseOne forms with additional fields without performing customizations. This enables customers to meet industry and region-specific business requirements without relying on IT resources. With 18.104.22.168, Form Extensibility has been enhanced with the following features:
- Table Columns: This enables citizen developers to add table columns associated with business views as additional form controls. This enables citizen developers to capture additional information or query on the same without performing customizations.
- Buttons: This enables citizen developers to add a new button without performing customizations. The new button supports launching an orchestration from button events.
Oracle JD Edwards continues to reduce the time and cost of continuous adoption of the latest updates in EnterpriseOne Applications. The JD Edwards Extensibility framework enables customers to tailor the JD Edwards end-user experience without customizations. Fewer customizations reduce the cost of retrofitting and testing these customizations. JD Edwards is pleased to announce the JD Edwards Decustomizer Analysis report. The Decustomizer report identifies the customizations that can be achieved with the JD Edwards Extensibility framework. For example, the Decustomizer report could identify if an application such as Purchase Order Entry has been customized to simplify the entry process (such as hiding unused fields, changing tab sequence, or adding business view fields) when these same changes could now be accomplished through the Extensibility framework. The JD Edwards Decustomizer Analysis report supports EnterpriseOne Application releases 9.1 and 9.2 and does not have any Tools release dependency.
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne deployments depend on a matrix of interdependent platform components from Oracle and third-party vendors. The product support lifecycle of these components is driven by their vendors. This creates a continuous need to certify the latest versions of these products to give customers a complete technology stack that is functional, well performing, and supported by the vendors. This Tools release includes the following platform certifications:
- Oracle Access Manager 22.214.171.124 & Oracle Internet Directory 126.96.36.199
- Oracle JDeveloper 188.8.131.52
- Microsoft Edge 42
- Google Chrome 72
The updated version of JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Platform Statement of Direction is published on My Oracle Support (Document ID 749393.1). Refer to this document for a summary of recent and planned certifications as well as important information about withdrawn certifications.
Today’s announcements demonstrate Oracle’s continuing investment in the JD Edwards products and our commitment to our customers to enable their journey to a digital enterprise.
Languages will be available in May 2019
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
|Customer-Driven ERP Enhancements|
|Enhancements to Joint Venture Management|
|Human Capital Management|
|Enhancements to JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Orchestrator|
|Form Extensibility Enhancements|