E1: 42: Line Numbering Problem On Direct Ship Receipt of Serialized Items
(Doc ID 2527170.1)
Last updated on APRIL 04, 2019
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Procurement and Subcontract Management - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
PO Receipts (P4312)
Loss of functionality
A partial receipt of serial numbered items on a Direct Ship Purchase Order (OD) assigns serial numbers and splits quantities incorrectly, causing data integrity problems.
Significance of the loss
This is a minor issue that will only occur if a client adopts the unusual practice of manually entering line numbers with values to the right of the decimal point instead of allowing the system to automatically enter the line numbers and then uses serial numbers at the time of receipt to split the lines.
Sequence of events
- Create a Serialized Item (210DS) with a Line Type D (Direct Ship)
- Create a direct ship order (264 SD) with two lines and save the order
- Item 210DS is serialized, entered quantity of 5 – Line number 1.000 is defaulted. Supplier for this Order is 4344
- Item 230, non-serialized, enter quantity 5 - Line number is manually entered as 1.001 during SD entry by user. Supplier for this Order is 4344.
- Review the Related Purchase Order 203 OD
- Line 1.000 Item 210DS Quantity 5
- Line 1.001 Item 230 Quantity 5
- Receive OD using option 4 (P42053)
- Enter a quantity of 3 with serials (SRL_1, SRL_2 and SRL_3)
- After saving the receipt transaction, review the Sales Order (SD) which shows:
- Line 1.000 has Item 210DS with Serial Number SRL_1 for Quantity 1 which is correct.
- Line 1.001 has Item 230 with Serial Number SLR_2 for Quantity 0.5. This is incorrect. The Serial Number should be blank and the Quantity should 5.00
- Line 1.002 has Item 210DS with Serial Number SLR_3 for Quantity 1. This is OK but it probably should have assigned SLR_2 instead of SLR_3.
- Line 1.003 has Item 230 with Quantity 2.5 and no serial number. This line should not be there.
- Line 1.004 has Item 210DS with Quantity 3.0 and no Serial Number. There should be a Quantity 2 with no serial number.
- In summary, the sales order has 5 units using 2 serial numbers for Item 210DS and 6 units using 1 serial number on Item 30.
- There should have been 5 units of each item after the receipt split the lines and assigned serial numbers.
- On the OD Purchase Order, there is a quantity of 6 for Item 210DS and 4 for Item 230, and none of the lines have serial numbers populated. The quantities on the OD lines do not match the quantities on the SD lines. Also the serial numbers on the OD lines do not match the serial numbers on the SD lines.
Where the issue happens
This can happen in any environment including the production (live) environment, but will only occur when a user interferes with the normal program generated line numbers, and manually enters line numbers that have values to the right of the decimal point which are normally reserved for automatic line splits.
Expected or acceptable result
It seems like the client is trying to prevent the system from corrupting the data when the user accidentally or intentionally interferes with normal automatic line numbering by the program.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document