E1: 47: EDI Inbound Invoice/Match to P.O. Edit/Create (R470412) Returns "Error: Invalid Quantity" (2548)
(Doc ID 2530061.1)
Last updated on APRIL 12, 2019
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne EDI - Version 9.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
EDI Inbound Invoice/Match to P.O. Edit/Create (R470412)
Loss of functionality
When attempting to use EDI Inbound Invoice/Match to P.O. Edit/Create (R470412) to match an AP invoice with a higher quantity and amount than the purchase order, the system responds with an Invalid Quantity (2548) error.
Specific error messages (error number with syntax)
Error: Invalid Quantity (2548)
Cause. . . . . The quantity you are trying to match is greater than the quantity that is open for the line.
Resolution . . Adjust the quantity you are matching to be equal to or less than the amount that is open.
Significance of the loss
The client was testing the possibility of using EDI Voucher Match with tolerance checking and discovered this error. It is not creating any business problems in the production environment at this time but they need to understand the cause of the error.
Sequence of events
- In the Tolerance Rules (P4322) program in menu G43A41, set a 10% limit of Quantity, Unit Cost and Extended Cost on Voucher Match for the Company beyond which the system will not accept an order.
- On Voucher Match (P4314) Version ZJDE0001 set Process Tab Option #6 (Tolerance) to 1 (Display a Warning).
- On EDI Inbound Invoice/Match to P.O. Edit/Create (R470412) call the Voucher Match Version ZJDE0001 with the Tolerance Warning set.
- Create a J Line Type Order for 2,998.85 KG of the item at 10 per KG.
- Receive the purchase order in full for 2,998.85 KG.
- Go into Inbound EDI Invoice Revisions (P47040) and add the EDI Detail Data (F47042). The vendor is invoicing for 3,000.00 KG instead of 2,998.75 KG on the purchase order that was received. The amount Invoiced is 30,000.00.
- Add the EDI Header Data (F47041) data.
- Add the EDI Summary (F47044) data.
- Run EDI Inbound Invoice/Match to P.O. Edit/Create (R470412) the job ended Error.
- Work Center shows Error: Invalid Quantity (2548).
- Now attempt to test manual Voucher Match (P0411/P4314). The quantity is defaulted from the receipt as 2,998.8500 and the Amount is defaulted as 29,988.50.
- On the voucher match screen, change the quantity to 3,000.0000 and the amount to 30,000.00. The system responds with the Invalid Quantity (2548) Error. The quantity cannot exceed the quantity received.
- Try the voucher again leaving the quantity as it was on the PO but making the amount higher. The error does not occur as long as the quantity on the voucher matches the quantity on the PO Receipt.
Where the issue happens
The issue occurs in any environment when you attempt to create a 3-way match voucher but the quantity vouchered exceeds the quantity that was received.
Expected or acceptable result
Sometimes the vendor's invoice is for a greater quantity than what was received. When this happens the client wants to be able to create a voucher based on the vendor invoice quantity instead of the PO receipt quantity.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document