E1: 42: Incorrect Kit Component Line Number and Kit Master Line Number (KTLN) When Users Cancel Kit Selection Window and Override New Kit Parent Line in Sales Order Entry (P42101)
(Doc ID 2538274.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 01, 2019
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Sales Order Management - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Kit Parent line number set to a different line than the Components. When the user enters a kit parent, it goes to the Kit Selection screen. If the user cancels out of the kit selection window instead of selecting the kit components the application removes the line but consumes the line number. When the user enters a kit again on the new line and this time accepts the components, the new line gets created with line number 2.000. At this point, if the user manually overrides the line number to 1.000 and accept the order, the kit parent is created with line 1.000 and the kit components are created with lines 2.010, 2.020, 2.030, etc. The Kit Master Line Number value is 2.000
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. In P42101 enter a sales order.
2. On the first line of the order, enter a kit parent.
3. When the kit selection window appears, cancel out of the window.
4. On the P42101 grid, enter a new line for a kit parent.
5. When the kit selection window appears, select OK.
6. On the sales order line, change the line number from 2.000 to 1.000.
7. Inquire on the order, note the kit parent line number is 1.000 while the kit component lines are 2.010, 2.020, 2.030, etc. The Kit Master Line Number is 2.000.
Workaround: Do no override the kit parent line number after cancelling out of the kit selection window and re-entering a new line for a kit item.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document