E1: 30A: D1 Outside Operation Cost Not Populated in P31022 Current For A Discreet Or Segmented Parent Item with Space In 2nd Item Number
(Doc ID 2542770.1)
Last updated on JULY 16, 2021
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Product Data Management - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Much like 9.0 Bug 19619705 for a Configured Parent Item but in this case the issue can be duplicated using a Discrete or Segmented Parent item. When a
parent item and it¿s corresponding Outside Operations *OP item is entered into the Item Master and Item Branch manually or when using the Segmented
Item entry process i.e. P4100014. If the 2nd Item Number for the parent item and *OP item has spaces i.e. 51519 TC, and 51519 TC*OP10 VS 51519TC and
51519TC*OP10. When running the R31410 to attach the part list and routing to a work order the Current Amounts Column in the P31022 / F3102 Production Cost
Inquiry is not populated with the D1 Outside Operations cost. This will cause bogus Engineering
Step To Duplicate:
1. Go to menu G4111 / Item Master and Item Branch and enter Parent Item i.e.
51519 TC, Outside Operations Item 51519 TC*OP10, and Component Item 51519
2. Make sure all three items have P4105 records with Sales / INV = 07 and
Purchase = 08. Make sure the Outside Operation and component both have P4105
08 purchased Cost i.e. $5.00 and $2.00.
3. Go to menu G3011 and create a P3003 Routing for Parent Item 51519 TC with
to Operation Sequences i.e. 10 and 20. Make sure Operation Sequences 10 is
setup to create an outside operations PO. i.e. Supplier = 4343, Cost Type =
D1, and PO Y/N = Y. Put 1 hour of Direct Labor on operation Sequences 20.
4. Go to menu G3011 and create a P3002 BOM for Parent Item 51519 TC with
component 51519 TCC on the BOM Qty = 1 and operation sequence = 20.
5. Go to menu G3014 run R30812 Simulated Cost Roll Up, followed by R30835
Frozen Cost Update to simulate and freeze 07 Standard Cost for the Parent,
Outside Operation, and Component items. Check the P30026 and ensure the D1
outside operations cost was correctly rolled up to the Parent item 51519 TC.
6. Go to menu G3111 / P48013 and enter a work order for the parent item
7. Go to menu G3111 and R31410 Work Order Processing to attach the part list
and Routing and generate the outside operations PO for the work order.
8. Go to menu G3014 / P31022 and inquire on the work order and notice that
the D1 Current Amounts have not been populated. This will cause a bogus
Engineering variance later down the road when R31804 Variances is run.
9. If the test is done again however this time using a numbering convention
with no spaces in the 2nd Item Number of the Parent Item and its
corresponding *OP Outside Operations Item i.e. 51519TC and 51519TC*OP10 the
issue will not be duplicated. That is the R31410 will correctly populate the
P31022 D1 Current Amounts Cost.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document