E1: OMW: FDA: RDA: ER Compare Does Not Work when using "Compressed object archive" Option in Tools Release 220.127.116.11 to 18.104.22.168
(Doc ID 2545316.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 04, 2021
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After upgrading the tools release from 22.214.171.124 to 126.96.36.199, users can no longer do ER Compare against compressed zip files. The Source location in the ER Compare tool always shows no event rules.
From the jdedebug log, the following can be seen:
Steps to Duplicate:
- On fat client, enter OMW in fast path to launch Object Management Workbench (P98220) application.
- Add a new project and move it status 21.
- Move an object (e.g. P4310) into the project.
- Highlight on the object in the project and click Save button to save object into a PAR file without first checking out or doing a GET on the object.
- Launch ER Compare from OMW Design Tools tab and select Source Object Location as Compressed object archive option, then select the object PAR file (e.g. APPL_P4310_60_99.par) and then select specs.zip file from spec\tempZip\APPL_P4310_60_99\ folder.
- In ER Compare tool, in the source location window, the event rules are all blank or empty. No event rules are shown.
Tested again, first performing a GET on the object before saving it to PAR file. Same result, no ER seen on the Source location.
Tested again, first performing a Checkout on the object before saving it to PAR file. Same result, no ER seen on the Source location.
Upgraded Tools Release from 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206. Issue does not occur in tools release 220.127.116.11.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document