E1: SOLEXP: Task Search Result Showing Tasks Hidden by Menu Filtering
(Doc ID 2545914.1)
Last updated on MAY 27, 2020
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In certain situation, task search result list tasks hidden by menu filtering.
Example, add filtering to another role to hide the same tasks while the role is not even assign to the user.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
1. Add a task view with a folder1 and an app task and a folder2 inside folder1. The name of each task should include some unique string, such as lcw.
2. Menu filter hide the 2nd folder for role A that the user has available to them. Verify the user cannot see folder 2 as role A.
3. Rebuild task index (P90013)
4. Run task search for lcw and see that you get the correct results of folder1 and its included app.
5. Add another folder 3 at the same level as folder 1 with a child app task. Each of these 2 tasks should contain the same unique string.
6. Menu filter hide folder 3 as role B.
7. Rebuild task index.
8. Login with Role B and run task search for the unique string and see that all tasks are returned, when only folder 1 and its child app task should be showing up.
9. If needed, clear the menu cache to verify results.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document