E1: 43: VMA Produces Different Results In Final Mode (Match Not Found) Vs Proof Mode (Match Successful)
(Doc ID 2547743.1)
Last updated on MAY 28, 2019
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Procurement and Subcontract Management - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Voucher Match Automation UBE for Automation Rule 06 (R4304021)
The “Proof Mode” version of Voucher Match Automation UBE for Automation Rule 06 (R4304021) does not reject duplicate invoice numbers while the “Final Mode” version does.
This creates confusion during integration testing, because errors are going undetected and not discovered until the final mode version is run.
Steps to Duplicate
- In Accounts Payable Constants, the Duplicate Invoice Number Edit field is set to “H” (Hard error upon duplication)
- Create a VMA Supplier with USD Currency (86259) and set Purchasing 2 Tab with the following settings:
- Automation Rule = 06
- Partial Receipt Allowed = Checked
- Single Voucher Per Invoice = Unchecked (Single Voucher Per Invoice Line)
- Create a three-line purchase order for the VMA Supplier
- Receive the purchase order in full
- Use A/P Batch Voucher Entry (P0411Z1 version ZJDE0003) to add a Record in Batch Voucher Entry (P0411Z1). Use one Invoice Number for all three lines.
- Voucher Match Automation Driver program (R4304010) calls VMA Rule 06 Processor Proof Mode Version (R4304021 Version XJDE0001).
- Process Tab Option #1 is set to Blank (Single Voucher Per Invoice Line)
- VMA Rule 06 Processor (R4304021 Version XJDE0001) is set to Proof Mode
- Run Voucher Match Automation Driver program (R4304010) in Proof Mode. All three lines show Match Successful. There are three vouchers with one invoice. These should have been rejected.
- Change Voucher Match Automation Driver program (R4304010) to calls VMA Rule 06 Processor Final Mode Version (R4304021 Version XJDE0002).
- Run Voucher Match Automation Driver program (R4304010) in Final Mode. The first line was matched, but the second and third line were rejected as duplicates.
“Proof Mode” should not accept one invoice number for multiple invoice lines. It should work the same as “Final Mode”.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document