E1: 42: Product Allocation Base Preference is Processed When Preference Status = 2 (Inactive)
(Doc ID 2550200.1)
Last updated on JULY 19, 2021
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Sales Order Management - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Sales Order Entry (P42101)
After an existing Product Allocation Preference record status is updated from Active (1) to Inactive (2), the order still issues a Product Allocation Warning and subtracts the Quantity Sold from the Quantity Allocated ignoring that the record is inactive. The client recently upgraded from World Software to EnterpriseOne and did not have the problem in World Software. The issue occurs when both the Product Allocation Preference AND the Inventory Commitment Preference are applied to the order at the same time.
This is a minor inconvenience that could be avoided if the client deleted inactive preference records instead of marking them inactive.
Steps to Duplicate
- The Enable Effective Dates and Enable Effective Quantities checkboxes are unchecked on the Preference Master for 07 Product Allocation Preference.
- Hierarchy for 07 Product Allocation Preference Hierarchy is setup based on Customer Number and Item Group.
- In this test, Customer Number 36708/Item Group 106 Preference Profile Entry was set to Preference Status 2 (Inactive).
- Item Number 61961 is assigned to Item Preference Group 106
- Product Allocation is set to 1 on Process Ctl Tab of the Preference Processing Options (R40400) Version
- Powerforms Sales Order Entry (P42101) calls Traditional Sales Order Entry (P4210) Version SMWE0100
- Traditional Sales Order Entry (P4210) Version SMWE0100 has Holds Tab Option #7 (Product Allocation Hold) set to PA.
- Preference Tab Option #1 is set to 1 (Activate Preference Processing) AND Preference Tab Option #2 (Inventory Commitment Preference) is set to 1 (Activate for Current Orders)
- Version Tab Option # 6 (Preference Profile R40400) is set to the version setup for Product Allocation Preference.
- Using Sales Order Entry (P42101 Version SMWE0100) Enter SO Header (P42101) information first. Customer 37159 and Branch Plant 210001 and Customer Number 36708 are entered in the header.
- On the detail line Item Number 61961 is entered but no branch plan is populated. Edit the line.
- The Inventory Commitment Preference assigns branch plant 21001.
- The warning Product Allocation Preference Error (3870) is appears to indicate the item is going on Product Allocation (PA) Hold
- When you reinquire on the Sales Order, the order DOES go on PA hold.
- Check the record for an Item Group and Customer in Work With Product Allocation Profiles (P40307).
- The Current Balance is changed to -23 units where is was 1 before and the Quantity Sold is changed to 24 where it was 0 before. The inactive record was processed when it should have been skipped.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document