E1: 31A: Actual Cost IC Reversal Updates Cardex & P4105 Cost Incorrectly
(Doc ID 2556221.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 22, 2019
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Shop Floor Control - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When doing Reversals / Negative Completions using P31123 Super Backflush that calls P31114 Completions for an 09 Actual Cost Parent item / Work Order, the IC in the P4111 Cardex is update with the incorrect Unit Cost, Extended Cost, and On Hand Inventory Value. The P4105 09 Sales Inventory per Unit Cost is also update incorrectly. Note the Unaccounted Units, and Unaccounted Amounts are correct in the F4801, F3111, F3112, and F3102 are all correctly updated so the R31802A will write the correct journal entries for the work order when run.
Steps To Duplicate:
1. Create an 09 Actual Cost Parent in the Item Master / Item Branch Inventory Cost level 3
2. Create a P stocking type purchased Item in the Item Master / Item Branch Inventory cost level 2.
3. Create P4105 Item Cost records for Parent Sales Inv = 09 Purchased 08 & Component in this test Sales Inv = 02 and Purchased 08. Add $2.00 02 and 08 cost to component only.
4. Go to P4114 Adjust in some Inventory for component item in B/P M30
5. Create a BOM P3002 and Routing P3003 For 09 Actual Cost Parent Item and put the component item on the BOM Qty of 1
6. Go ro Menu G3111 / P48013 Create a WO for the Parent Item i.e. Qty of 10 and attach the part list and routing
7. Go To Menu G3112 / P31123 Super Back Flush and complete WO for Qty of 10 make sure Hours Update and Issues are not in Blind mode. Note: When P3114 Completion screen pops notice lot location is same a WO number this is correct. Click Save and Close through warnings.
8. Go to P4111 Cardex for the Parent Item and note the IC Unit Cost $12.00, Extended Cost $120.00, and On Hand Inventory Value $120.00 are correct
9. Go to P4105 and inquire on the Parent Item and drill into the correct lot location / SN. Note that the 09 Sales Inv per unit cost is correct at $12.00
10. Now without running R31802A MFG Accounting which is the correct thing to do, Revers the Completion using P31123 / P31114 using Qty of -10. Note When the P31114 Completions screen pops up notice the Lot Location is correct, and notices the Cost Change and Negative Completion In Actual Cost Warning Messages. Click Save and Close through the warnings
11. Go to P4111 Cardex for the parent item. Notice the reversal IC’s Unit Cost & Extended Cost are incorrect. Should be Qty of -10 X 12 Unit Cost = - 120 Extended Cost. The On hand Qty and Inventory Value are correct at zero.
12. Go to P4105 and inquire on the Parent Item and drill into the correct lot location / SN. Note that the 09 Sales Inv per unit cost is correct at $0.00.
13. Now Go back to P31123 / P31114 and Complete a Qty Of 10 again (At this point all is corrected). Then only revers out a Qty of -5.
14. Check the P4111 Cardex and notice for the IC reversal of -5 the Unit Cost is correct at $12.00, the Extended Cost is Correct at $60.00, the Qty On Hand Is correct at 5, however the On Hand Inventory Value is incorrect at $0.00 when it should be $60.00. This was caused by the previous IC reversal of a -10 having the incorrect Unit Cost and Extended Cost of $0.00 when it should have been $-120.00. i.e. If the previous IC would have been correct the Extended Cost would have totaled to $60.00 making the Inv Value $60.00. i.e. 120 + 120 = 240 – 120 (Value of the missing reversal IC) – 60 = $60.00.
15. Now go to P4105 and notice the 09 Per Unit Cost is also zero and should be $60.00
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document