E1: 12: When Copy Asset Using P1204 2 Fields Contains Misleading Information
(Doc ID 2560945.1)
Last updated on APRIL 30, 2020
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Fixed Assets - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When copy an asset from P1204 the information for "Major accounting class" and "Major equipment class" should not be displayed in P1201 screen because once you hit Save/OK that information will be updated from P12002 setup for asset cost account of the asset.
It is very confusing for the user to see "Major accounting class" and "Major equipment class" populated when clicking Copy button in P1204 and then field is becoming blank (depending on P12002 setup) once user click OK.
1. Review an asset in P1204. Notice that "major accounting class" and "Major equipment class" are populated
2. Review P12002 for asset cost account and notice that "Major equipment class" is not populated (as an example)
3. Review and select and asset from P1204.
4. Click Copy in P1204
5. Review Asset category code. notice that "Major accounting class" and "Major equipment class" are populated
6. Click Save
7. Review newly created asset and compare with old one. Notice that "Major equipment class" is missing.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document