E1: 42: Partial Back Order Release (P42117) Splits the Sales Detail (F4211) Line
(Doc ID 2561809.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 24, 2022
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Sales Order Management - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Online Backorder Rewlease (P42117)
After upgrading from XE to 9.2, when On-Line Backorder Release (P42117) is used to release a partial quantity, the sales order detail (F4211) line is split even though the commitments processing option was not activated.
This causes a problem with one customer who wants one line on the invoice
Steps to duplicate
- Create a new item (JO-42117) with no inventory on-hand.
- Make sure the Customer allows partial order shipments and partial line shipments in the customer billing instructions.
- Create a Sales Order for 10 Units and 10 units go on Backorder.
- Create an Inventory Adjustment for 5 items.
- Setup a version of On-Line Backorder Release (P42117).
- Display Tab Option #1 (Total Fill Only) is set to Blank (Display all detail lines).
- Process Tab Option #1 (Backorder Quantity as Available Quantity) = 1 (Backorder Quantity as Available Quantity). Option #2 (Commitments) = Blank (Do Not Perform Commitments).
- Run On-Line Backorder Release (P42117) select the order and enter the Quantity to Ship as 5 Units and click the green checkmark.
- Click Find on Work with Backorders. It shows that line 1.1 was added for 5 Units still on backorder.
- Check Customer Service Inquiry and notice there are two lines on the order. Issue is duplicated in the 9.2 environment.
When a backordered line is partially released, the sales order detail (F4211) line is should not be split. The client wants it to work like like it worked in XE.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document