E1: 34: PRP R3483 Creates Wrong Messages For Project Related Orders
(Doc ID 2568451.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 17, 2020
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Requirements Planning - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9.2]
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Engineer to Order - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
9.2 version, R3483（PRP）
There is a ETO purchase order. Add a sales order for the same item that the ETO purchase order has. Note that the sales order is standard sales order, not ETO related.
Under the situation, run PRP (R3483). F3411 messages are created for ETO purchase order by the influence of the non-ETO sales order. This is wrong result.
For non-ETO sales order, messages that are not related with ETO should be created by PRP (R3483). PRP (R3482) works correctly.
ETO purchase order should not be included when PRP (R3483) processes non-ETO orders.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1. Add a project manufactured item with stocking type G and a project purchased item with stocking type H.
2. Add a BOM for both 2 items (P3002).
3. Add a project (P31P001). And insert a work order for the project manufactured item.
4. Setup R3483 (PRP) processing option. Populate 1(include Project Planning) to #3.Project Planning in 8-Mfg Mode tab.
5. Run R3483 (PRP).
6. Check MRP messages (P3411). Inquire messages with project number. There is 1 order message for the component. Process the message to add a purchase order as supply.
7. Hit Close button. Then click Generate Order(s) on Suppliers Selected for Order screen to add a purchase order.
8. Inquire the project (P31P001). The purchase order created from a MRP message appears as related order correctly.
9. Next, add a sales order for the component item (P4210). But this SO is NOT related with the project.
10. Run R3483 (PRP) again.
11. Check MRP messages (P3411). Inquire with the project number. No messages except type A (warning) are generated. This is correct.
12. Next, inquire MRP messages with populating the component item number; RSTPAH1. E (Expedite) and L (Decrease Order) messages are created for the purchase order that is related with the project. This is wrong. Any messages for project related orders should not be created in this case.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document