E1: 45: Sales Order Based on Date Advanced Preference (18) not Applied when Sales Order Date is Before the Preference Expiration Date, Requested Date is After Preference Expiration Date.
(Doc ID 2579856.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 06, 2019
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Sales Order Processing - Version 9.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
During Sales Order Entry (P4210) when the sales order date is before the preference expiration date but the requested date is after the preference expiration date, the Sales Price Based on Date Advanced Preference (18) is not applied.
Certain customers have been promised they can continue to order at last year’s (2018) prices until July 31, 2019. This is a once per year problem with selected customers, but the customers are unhappy if they are charged 2019 prices on orders they place prior to July 31, 2019.
Steps to duplicate
- In System Constants (P41001) Sales Price Based On Date is set to Blank (Transaction/Order Date).
- Sales Price Based On Date Advanced Preference Detail (P4072) record for specific Customer 3799300 expires on July 31, 2019.
- The Price Effective Date (PEFJ) is set to a date in the past (December 31, 2018). This will allow the specific customer to use 2019 prices until July 31, 2019.
- The user enters a two-line order for the customer with the preference and allows the order date and requested date to default in as today’s date. The Price Effective Date is defaulted in as December 31, 2018, which will pull in old, expired price adjustments that were in effect in 2018.
- The price of line 1.000 is 3.0900 and line 2.000 is 17.700.
- Checking Price History (P4074) on the first line it shows the price of 3.090 is based on the Price Effective Date of December 31, 2018. This is a 50% discount off the base price of 6.18 which was in effect on December 31, 2018.
- Now the user adds a third line with the same item as line 1.000 only this time they populate the Requested Date as August 5, 2019, but instead of a price of 3.090 the price comes in as 3.200 which is the 2019 price.
- Notice on Line 3.000 the Price Effective Date came in as today’s date, July 25, 2019 instead of the Preference Date, of December 31, 2018.
- Checking Price History (P4074) on the third line it shows the price of 3.200 is based on the Price Effective Date of July 25, 2019. This is a 50% discount off the base price of 6.400 which was in effect on July 25, 2019.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document