E1: 41: Item Search & Select (P40ITM1) Does Not Display Alternate Item Description Record (F4101D) Corresponding to Address Book (F0101) Language (LNGP)
(Doc ID 2587605.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 21, 2020
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Inventory Management - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When using alternate language descriptions for items and the user profile set to blank, local language, item descriptions are displaying the first alternate item description rather than the description corresponding to the address book language.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. In the User Profile, indicate blank for Language.
2. Create an item master record.
3. Add Item Alternate Descriptions for DU (Dutch), F (French), G (German), and RU(Russian)
4. Create an address book record with G, German, indicated in the Language tab on Additional 1.
5. Create customer master and supplier master records for the new address book record.
6. Create a sales order for the customer. In the item number field use the visual assist to search for the item.
7. Note only the first alphabetic language preference record in F4104D displays. In this example, DU displays.
8. Repeat in purchase order entry and observe the same results.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document