E1: 45: Free Good Adjustment Calculates Numeric Value Out of Range Causing TRANSACTION ERROR
(Doc ID 2591213.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 23, 2019
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Advanced Pricing - Sales - Version 9.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to add a Free Good though a Basket Level Adjustment, using Powerforms Sales Order Entry (P42101), the quantity of free items awarded is incorrectly calculated as 100000000006 when it should be 6. This causes a commit failed database error because the value calculated for the field is larger than the field size.
Transaction cannot be committed. It was canceled.
JDB3400009 - Failed to perform Insert for F4211
JDB9901232 - Canceling transaction because: TC052 InsertTable: Insert failed
ODB0000164 - Column 133: Numeric value out of range.
Steps to Duplicate:
- An Item has a unit of measure conversion of cases to pallets (1 PL = 25 CA)
- A second item for a wooden pallet is used as the Free Good Item
- A Basket Level Adjustment named FREEPAL is used to calculate the number of wooden pallets based on the number of cases ordered.
- A Free Good was added to the Adjustment Detail (P40072) record with 1 EA of the wooden pallet to be given for every 25 CA ordered
- In Powerforms SO Entry (P42101) enter a line for 150 CA of Item Number being sold which should calculate 6 PL.
- Click on the Free Goods Tab.
- There is no record for the free good yet because the basket adjustment has not yet been applied.
- Select the Reprice Order Option on the screen and click the button to reprice the order
- Click on the Free Good Tab and observe the following:
- The Quantity Awarded is 100000000006 and Quantity Shipped 100000000006 EA of the wooden pallets (free good item)
- Based on the conversion, 150 Cases = 6 Pallets, so the free good quantity awarded should be 6 EA.
- Also note the Parent Line number is NOT populated for the free good line.
- After saving the order and attempting to reinquire, the TRANSACTION ERROR pops up on the screen.
- Check the JDE.LOG and notice the following errors
- JDB3400009 - Failed to perform Insert for F4211
- JDB9901232 - Canceling transaction because: TC052 InsertTable: Insert failed
- ODB0000164 - Column 133: Numeric value out of range.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document