E1: 39: Advanced Stock Valuation Period Build (R39120) Calculation of Closing Unit Cost for the First Period in a new Fiscal Year
(Doc ID 2594376.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 12, 2020
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Advanced Stock Valuation - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The customer started the valuation for an item using following setup:
- Valuation Method (P3905) = 03 FIFO Valuation Detail by CO
- Stock Valuation Constants (P39042), Processing mode = Period for company 00001
- Company 00000 Extraction Method is ONLINE
Steps to replicate the issue:
- For each month, run R39120 (Stock Valuation Period Build), review results, then run R39130 (Run Stock Valuation G/L Update) in final mode.
- The results are correct until the end of the year.
- Change the exercise from a year to next year
- Run R39120 and R39130 for 31 January of the next year.
P39060(Stock Valuation) shows following values:
- Opening quantity Jan = 27
- Opening amount Jan = 64.15
- Incoming quantity Jan = 20
- Incoming Amount Jan = 47.52
- Outgoing Quantity Jan = 15
- Outgoing Amount Jan = 35.64
- Closing Quantity Jan = 32 = (27 + 20 -15)
The customer expected to see:
- Closing amount Jan = 76.03 = 64.15 + 47.52 - 35.64
- Closing unit cost Jan = 2.3759 = 76.03 / 32
Instead in P39060 there are following results:
- Closing amount Jan = 11.88
- Closing unit cost Jan = 0.3713
- Cost of Goods Sold Amount = 99.79
- COGS Adjustment Amount Jan = 64.15
- Inventory Adjustment Amount Jan = - 64.15
Why is the Closing Unit Cost 0.3713?
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document