E1:41: Unable to Retrieve Lot Information if Lot Number Has Embedded Tabs and Blanks After Tools Upgrade
(Doc ID 2594489.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 10, 2020
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Inventory Management - Version 9.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After upgrading the E1 Tools Release from 220.127.116.11 to 18.104.22.168 and upgrading the Oracle Database Release from 11g to 12c, the client’s E1 applications are no longer able to access the lot number field in the item location table (F41021.LOTN) if it has trailing spaces.
This can be illustrated with the following steps
- Item “A10101.22”, Branch “451”, Location “KOREA” has a Lot Number “10211567 “ with tabs and trailing spaces to fill in the rest of the lot number field in the item location table.
- A record with the item and lot number appears in the Item Availability Inquiry (P41202)
- If the tabs and blank spaces in the lot number are populated in an Oracle database query, it returns a record, but a JD Edwards application such as Ship Confirm (P4205) will not retrieve the record
- The user performs an Inventory Adjustment (P4114) transaction. They enter the Item Number and Quantity and go to the Location field, where they select the Visual Assist.
- They locate the record with Location “KOREA” which has the Lot Number “10211567“ populated and select it with the visual assist
- When the Inventory Adjustment Screen returns, the Lot Number “10211567” is populated without the spaces and the system gives the warning message that “Item Location Record Not Found”. That is because it could not find the record where the lot number had spaces.
- The user goes ahead and accepts the transaction.
- After the Inventory Adjustment transaction the Item Availability Inquiry now has two records with the lot number
- Item “A10101.22”, Branch “451”, Location “KOREA” has a Lot Number “10211567 “ has 0 units of inventory available
- Item “A10101.22”, Branch “451”, Location “KOREA” has a Lot Number “10211567” has 10 units of inventory available.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document