E1: 41: As Of Complete Generation (R41542) was Run by Accident Corrupting the As Of (F41112) File
(Doc ID 2596789.1)
Last updated on MAY 26, 2021
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Inventory Foundation - Version 8.12 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On September 6, Item As Of Processing (R41542) was accidentally run in Complete Regeneration Mode. This caused all the As Of (F41112) records previously in the database to be deleted. Then the system attempted to recreate the Item As Of (F41112) records from all the millions of Item Ledger (F4111) records that have accumulated since the system was first installed several years ago. The problem with As Of Data (F41112) was not discovered until the month-end Item Balance / Ledger Integrity Reports (R41544) were run. The client is not sure at this time the extent of the compromised data. They have reviewed Item Balance / Ledger Integrity Reports (R41544) for two branch plants as follows:
- Branch Plant 5201 has 147 pages of integrity variances, but most of them are 0.01 and so of little consequence. Most of these variances can be filtered out so they do not appear in the report.
- Branch Plant 50014 has 145 pages of integrity variances and most of these appear to be due to missing, As Of (F41112) records which failed to get recreated.
At this time it is not clear how many other Branch Plants there are or the state of that data.
Steps to duplicate:
- The Item As Of Processing (R41542) job is run nightly on the JDE Scheduler and there is a version a user can run on an ad-hoc basis
- On September 4 a user running the ad-hoc version of Item As Of Processing (R41542) changed the Regenerate Processing Option was equal to 1 (Complete Regeneration)
- When the job seemed to never stop processing, somebody terminated the job, causing the many As OF (F41112) records to be lost
- When the month-end Item Balance / Ledger Integrity Reports (R41544) were run there were many integrity variances because of MISSING/LOST As Of (F41112) records.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document