E1: 46: Error Unit of Measure Structure Not Determined (3485) When Overriding 2-Phase Pick Suggestion in P4617 Warehouse Pick Confirm
(Doc ID 2600970.1)
Last updated on APRIL 14, 2020
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Warehouse Management - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When using 2-phase picking for Warehouse picking requests created of work order parts lists and when processing Pick confirmation (P4617) for a work order that requests the full quantity of a location/lot and overriding the location/lot with another location/lot that is already partially committed to another work order then error Unit of Measure Structure Not Determined - 3485 is issued
The system actually picks the material that is not committed from the override location leaving the material that is committed in the original location.
It also creates Trip 2.001 for partial quantity from original location to shipping location skipping the staging location.
This error does not happen for standard picking (one-phase) and also does not happen for 2-phase picking if the override is done for a location that has it's entire quantity committed to another work order. It only happens if only part of the location/lot was already committed.
Steps to duplicate:
1) Set up Manufacturing item with BOM and set up Component is set up for 2 phase picking
2) Have multiple locations/lots of the component available with the same quantities (200 EA) for each location/lot
3) Enter Work order #1 for full quantity (200 EA) of a location/lot
4) P3111 Add Parts list, create Pick request and Use Manual Planer P4600 to suggest one of the location/lot (1.A)
5) Create work order #2 for partial quantity (150 EA) so it will commit a partial lot
6) P3111 Add Parts list, create Pick request and Use Manual Planer P4600 to suggest another location/lot (1.B)
7) P4617: Process pick suggestion for Work Order #1 – full quantity and take exit to Override
8) Override the lot/location (1.A) to the lot/location (1.B) that is partially committed to Work Order #2 and confirm
9) P4617 Process Pick suggestion and Receive error 3485 – Unit of measure Structure Not determined
10) Note that for phase 1 of work order #1 Trip 2.001 was created for partial quantity (150 EA) from 1.A to D. skipping the staging location
11) Review Item availability and Note that quantity that was not committed in override location (50 EA in 1.B) has been moved to staging location and override location has commitments for 300 EA
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document