E1: 34: MRP (R3483) Generates Unnecessary Planned Order When Component Request Date is Changed Manually
(Doc ID 2601543.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 19, 2019
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Requirements Planning - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Although demand (component in parts list) and supply (purchase order) are balanced, R3483 generates unexpected PLO. After processed a planned order message for a component in parts list, a purchase order is created. Update to the same request date of both the purchase order and the component line in parts list manually. The new request date is different with old date that system assigned automatically.
Then run R3483. New PLO is created. In case of R3482, this issue is not invoked. When updating request date of purchase order and parts list to the same date manually, unnecessary PLO should not be created by R3483. Because demand and supply are balanced.
Steps to duplicate:
1. Add a project manufactured item with stocking type G.
2. Add a project purchased item with stocking type H and line type SC.
3. Add a ETO project (P31P001).
4. Insert WO#10 task under the project.
5. For the project manufactured item, insert another WO#11 task with shippable flag=1 under WO#11.
6. Attach parts list for WO#11. Populate the project purchased item in there. Request date of the component is 9/20 assigned by system.
7. R3483 processing option and data selection. -Set 1(include Project planning) in #3.Project Planning of 8-Mfg Mode tab. -data selection Planning Code (MPST) =2 Planning Time Fence Rule (MPSP)=C Stocking Type (STKT)=G, H, P, N
8. Run R3483 (PRP)
9. Check MRP messages (P3411). One PLO for the component in the parts list is generated. Process it. Then new purchase order is added.
10. Change request date of the purchase order detail from 9/20 to 9/19. And also change request date of component in the related ETO parts list from 9/20 to 9/19.
11. And Run R3483(PRP) again. Unexpected PLO for the component is generated again. This is the issue. The PLO message should not be generated. Because supply/demand in the project is balanced between parts list (demand) and purchase order generated from the first PLO message (supply).
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document