E1: 32: P3210 - Configurator - Only Adding Up Weights For Q Rules with Line Type W
(Doc ID 2608115.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 08, 2019
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Configurator - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In JDE 9.2 whenever a configure a sales order line, the weight that shows up in the hotspot in the P3210 form is the weight of only the S (Stock) line types. The Q Rule with a W (WO) line types are ignored in the weight summation.
The volume is derived from both the S and W, so it is correct. The hotspot weight is also incorrect. The sales order detail line for the Parent Configured Item is populated with the wrong weight because it doesn't add the Q Rule Weight to the Total for the Extended Weight.
In JDE 9.0, the Q Rule with a W(WO) line types were included in the weight summation for the Configured Parent Item's Extended Weight.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1. Create a Configured Parent Item
2. Create a Configured Low Level Item
3. On the lower Level Configured Item add a Conversion 1 EA = 7 LB
4. Create a Purchase Item
5. Add a Conversion on the Purchased Item 1 EA = 12 Lb
6. Setup you Segments for the Configured Parent and Lower level
7 Assembly Rules for Parent Configured Item
P Rule Only - add you Lower Level Configured Item and Purchased Component
Set the WADL = 1 for both Items
8. Now setup you Assembly Rules for the Lower Level Configure Item
9 This will ONLY have a Q Rule ( you can add your Purchase Component on as
the Q Rule
10. Now Enter a Configured Sales Order for your Item
11. You will See the Hot Spot Weight is 12 lb
12 The Sales Order Detail will Should Parent Item Extended Wt 12 lb
The lower level Item as 7 LB
The Purchased Item as 12 lb
13. The Parent Extended Wt should be the 7 lb + 12 lb = 19lb
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document