E1: 42: Invoice Print (R42565) Prints Cancelled Lines For Orders Outside The Status Range
(Doc ID 2608680.1)
Last updated on APRIL 18, 2022
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Sales Order Processing - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Invoice Print (R42565) is printing cancelled lines at status 980/999 from previous orders where the statuses are beyond the From and Through Status setting specified in the processing options.
As a result, invoices are being created and sent to customers with ONLY canceled lines on the invoice.
The client’s customers expect to receive invoices for products shipped to them that include canceled lines, but they do not want receive invoices that ONLY have canceled lines where nothing was shipped to them and no payments are due.
The issue was reproduced by Oracle Support using Oracle Demo Data following the steps below:
- Using a new Customer with no previous orders, create 2 sales orders (P4210) with 2 stock lines each.
- Re-inquire and cancel a line on each order.
- Ship Confirm (P4205) the remaining line on the first order.
- Check Customer Service Inquiry (P4210) to review the order statuses:
- First Order Line 1.000 Status 540/560 – already shipped, ready for invoicing
- First Order Line 2.000 Canceled (980/999) – want this line on the invoice
- Second Order Line 1.000 – not shipped yet, not ready for invoicing
- Second Order Line 2.000 - Canceled (980/999) – do NOT want this line on the invoice
- Set up a version of Invoice Print (R42565) with processing options as follows:
- Defaults Tab From and To Status = 560, based on Next Status
- Print Tab Option #2 = 2 (Print canceled lines)
- Run the Invoice Print Version with Data Selection on the new Customer Address ONLY.
- An invoice is printed for the first order
- On Line 1.000 the customer is billed 3,000.00 for this item which was shipped to them
- On Line 2.000 the customer the amount due is zero because the line was cancelled
- A second invoice is printed for the second order.
- Only Line 2.000 the canceled line is printed on this order.
- The amount due is zero because nothing was shipped and the line was cancelled.
- This Invoice should NOT have been printed and sent to the customer.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document