E1 49: Amount Does Not Balance To Gross Error (0088) Processing Freight to Match (P4314) with Tax Explanation Code C
(Doc ID 2608902.1)
Last updated on JUNE 24, 2021
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Transportation Management - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When performing a Freight to Match (P4314) on payable freight with a tax explanation code of C (VAT Tax + Sales Tax), the error "Amount does not Balance to Gross" (0088) is received. This only happens when a specific payable freight amount is used in combination of tax percentages setup in the Tax Rate/Area (P4008).
The issue can be replicated at will with the following steps:
1. In the P4008, setup a new tax rate/area with the first value of 5% and the second value of 9.975% for a total tax percentage of 14.975%.
2. Create a new address book number for a new carrier. Set the currency code as CAD, set the tax explanation code as C and the tax rate/area as the value created in step 1. Create a carrier master and do not check the auto-pay option.
3. Create a new customer in the CAD currency.
4. Setup items in a CAD branch and adjust inventory accordingly.
5. Setup a new route for the ship to address. Use the inbound/outbound rate schedule of INROUTE and use a fixed amount of 553.00. Place the tax explanation code and tax rate/area on the route.
6. Enter a transportation sales order for the CAD customer.
7. Verify in routing options that the route setup in step 5 was selected and the payable/billable amounts are 553.00.
8. Approve the shipment.
9. Confirm the shipment using the P49645/P4205.
10. Run freight update (R4981) to create the payable and billable freight.
11. Execute the Freight to Match (P0411/P4314) appliciton. Input the freight document, supplier (carrier), branch and invoice in the header. Take the form exit to freight to match.
12. Select the shipment. This will take you back to the freight to match form. Click OK and the error Amount does not Balance to Gross (0088) is received. If you perform the tax calculation (553.00* .14975 = 82.81175) and the tax amount on the form displays as 82.81. This is also the same amount on the output of the R4981 UBE.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document