E1: 34: MRP (R3482/R3483) With Production Number Controlled (PMPN) Oversupply When Dates Do Not Match (the OP Promised Delivery Date (PDDI) Is Changed )
(Doc ID 2613693.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 24, 2019
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Requirements Planning - Version 9.1 to 9.2 [Release 9.1 to 9.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Production Number Controlled (PMPN) items planned with MRP (R3482/R3483) are oversupplied when the dates between supply and demand do not match.
Steps to reproduce:
- Setup an item managed by PMPN = TT3
- Generate a demand = 3019 SO 00200 for 1 EA linked to PMPN = TT3M3010
- Generate supply to cover the demand (thru or not MRP) = 5129 OP 00200 MRP was used but this is not the issue in this point of the process
- Change PO Promised Delivery Date (PDDJ) to for instance 2 days later than the SO Scheduled Pick Date (PPDJ) considering the Supplier cannot deliver so early. Of course, dates do not fall in non-working days.
- Run MRP and check that it creates 2 lines:
- Expedite (E) to move that date 2 days before in order to match SO ship date
- Order (O) creating an oversupply for the same quantity than needed
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document