E1: 34: MRP Multi-Plant R3483 Triggers Excess Planning Messages when the OP Promised Delivery Date is Set Before the Forecast Demand Requested Date
(Doc ID 2615760.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 03, 2019
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Requirements Planning - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
If a purchase order exists for a purchased component and when the Promised Delivery Date of the purchase order is smaller than the Requested Date of the forecast demand, if the Availability Checking is ON, MRP plans for excess inventory in Demand B/P.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- P4101 / P41026 - Create a purchased item (Stk Ty = P, Ln Ty = S); OPC = 1 (Lot for Lot), Planning Code = 2 (Planned by MRP), Planning Fence Rule = C (Customer Demand), Leadtime Level = 1, Quantities tab = all values blank in both supply and demand B/P
- P3403T - Define the Branch Relationship with Availability Checking ON (= 1)
- P41202 - OH Quantity in Supply B/P = 100 EA; OH Quantity in Demand B/P = zero
- P4310 - Manually create a future OP order for a quantity of 10 EA in Demand B/P for e.g. beginning of next month. Promised Delivery Date of op = August 5
- P3460 - Create a forecast record for the item as OP Promised Delivery Date + 2 days (August 7)
- R3483 - Run MRP with a simple data selection by B/Ps and purchased second item number
- P3411 - Planning messages are driving excess of inventory in the demand B/P; One D - Defer message is created for the existing OP order in the demand B/P; One O - Order message created for an OT order to bring the required quantity to meet the forecast demand from supply B/P to Demand B/P. MRP is doubling the necessary quantity in the Demand B/P. If the OP order needs to be deferred, then no OT order message should exist or if the OT transfer order is expected, then the OP order should be cancelled.
- P3413 - TS show the excess quantity on ending available bucket
- P4021 - S & D Inquiry screen shows the excess quantity too
- P4310 - Change the Promised Delivery Date of the OP order 2 days after the BF Forecast to e.g August 9
- R3483 - Rerun MRP
- P3411 - MRP messages are now in sync with the demand; One C - Cancel message is triggered against existing OP order; One O - Order message is generated for an OT order between supply and demand B/P.
- P3413 - MRP TS look correct; no excess inventory planned by MRP
- P4021 - S & D Inquiry screen looks right
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document