E1: 42: P42101 Transaction Error And Rollback When Substituting Kit Parent Item
(Doc ID 2617593.1)
Last updated on MARCH 20, 2020
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Sales Order Entry - Version 9.2 and later Information in this document applies to any platform.
When trying to use a substitute item with a kit parent and there is a backorder split the transaction fails and rolls back.
Steps to Replicate:
1) P4101, P41026. Create 2 kit parent items with 2 components each.
2) P3002. Create the BOM for each kit.
3) P4114. Adjust in ample inventory for the kit components of the first kit.
Adjust in only 3 EA for the components of the second kit.
4) P4104. Create a substitute for the second kit parent with the first kit
5) P42101 Update Sales Order Detail First. Enter a sales order for a quantity
of 5 for the 2nd kit parent.
The Kit Selection Window will appear with the Quantity Exceeds Availability
warnings. Click OK.
Back in the detail grid the kit parent line now shows with a green check mark
and the warning Substitute Item Exists. Select the line then take the Cross
Reference form exit.
The Substitute/Complementary Items form appears. Enter a quantity of 2 and
click OK. Click OK through the Kit Selection window.
Back in the detail grid it shows a quantity of 3 for the initial kit parent,
a quantity of 2 cancelled for the initial kit parent, and a quantity of 2 for
the substitute kit parent. This is correct.
Click submit and close. Try and inquire on the order and the following error
message is seen.
Transaction cannot be committed. It was canceled.
6) Log on to Server Mananger and go to process detail. Note the call object
kernel is in a zombie state (crashed).
7) P4210. Repeat the above steps using P4210. The transaction does not fail
but it closes the kit parent item for the remaining quantity of 2 for the
initial kit parent line but leaves open and backordered for the component
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!