E1: GRID: Personal Form Causes Application to Freeze in Tools Release 9.2.3.X
(Doc ID 2618743.1)
Last updated on MAY 12, 2020
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
A Personal form is created on the Enter New Order form (P42101|W42101D)
After upgrading to Tools Release 184.108.40.206 when entering a matrix item after the 15th line in the Sales Order Entry application (P42101), there is a delay and the screen locks up or freezes. This issue occurs when there are multiple grid lines and when user exit to another form before coming back to the form with Personal Form. In this example, if a Matrix item is entered, the P42101 will call another form - Matrix Order Entry form (P41902|W41902A). After user enter a matrix item and clicks OK, the system returns back to the W42101D form and the screen freezes or gets locked up for several seconds and then the cursor will move to the rightmost position in the grid on the bottom row.
The issue only occurs when using Personal Form.
This issue occurs on other applications like P4210 too.
Steps to duplicate:
- First create a Personal Form on the Enter New Order form (W42101D). You can just create a blank Personal form without changing anything.
- After the Personal Form has been created, You can test the issue with the steps below.
- Enter P42101 in fast path.
- On Manage Existing Order form, click Add button.
- On Enter New Order form (W42101D), enter the following form header fields:
Sold To = 4242
Ship To = 4242
Branch/Plant = 30
- Select "Show All Columns" above the grid. This is optional but more columns causes more delay in step 10 below).
- Enter multiple grid lines with Item Number = 210 . (around 17 rows). The system will fill in the fields needed.
- On the 18th grid row, enter a Matrix Item (example, tee) and hit the down arrow key. The Matrix Order Entry form (P41902|W42902A) will then appear. In the Matrix Order Entry form (W41902A), enter 1 in any of the blank grid cell.
- Click OK.
- System return back to the W42101D form. Now, the grid shrinks and screen freezes and locked up. User cannot do anything.
The following web page error is shown:
A web page is slowing down your browser. What would you like to do?
- After a delay of several seconds, the grid returns to normal.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document