E1: 76B: Journal Entries For Freight Note Applied to NF of Non Inventory Item Are Not Hitting The Correct DMAAI (P76B807)
(Doc ID 2620564.1)
Last updated on JULY 21, 2020
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Procurement and Subcontract Management - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When a Freight Note (Landed Cost) is applied to a Non Stock item Nota Fiscal, customer has reported that the generated journal entries for the Freight Note are retrieving the erroneous account and DMAAI.
At the same time, system is generating two batches and sets of entries hitting DMAAI 4385-Inventory and 4315-Non Inventory. Expected 4390-LC/Liability Adjustments is not hit as expected.
This symptom can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
Pre-Requisite: Enable the Brazil Localization in P0092/User profile = BR in Localization Country Code field
1. Non stock line type for item to which the freight note will be applied
2. Verify that Freight Line type has No inventory interface
3. Setup accounts for test in Distribution/Manufacturing Automatic Account Instructions (DMAAI):
4315 Non Inventory DMAAI setup for G/L Category FR30 for Freight/FRT**** (Freight Default value in UDC 76/GL), account is SP-VENDA.4315.FR30
4385 Inventory DMAAI setup for G/L Category FR30 for Freight/FRT****, account is 7600.4385.FR30
4390 Cost/Liability Adjustment/Landed Cost DMAAI setup for G/L Cat FR30 with account 7600.4390.FR30
4.(P76B807) Freight Note/LC version setup to Prorate Basis for Quantity, Freight Line Type BF, Freight Line Type BF setup to Inv.Interface = N
1. Create the Brazilian Purchase Order for the Item (Non-inventory) Line Type for the Item Supplier. 598 HP
2. Create the Brazilian Purchase Order for the Freight for the Freight Carrier. 599 HP
3. Enter PO Receipts (P4312/P4312BR Version ZJDE7001) for the Freight Order 599 HP and process and close the Nota Fiscal. Fill out the info for NF classical, NF number , series 01 and today's issue date. Close the NF when the Nota Fiscal Check (P76B900) screen appears and option is selected.
4. In PO Receipts (P4312/P4312BR Version ZJDE7001) for the Non Inventory supplier Item, order 598 HP, and click the green check mark to receive the full quantity. Fill out the info for NF classical, NF number , series 01 and today's issue date. Do NOT Close the NF when the Nota Fiscal Check (P76B900) screen appears. Exit the screen without closing the Nota Fiscal and go to the menu.
5. From the menu, select Apply Landed Costs (P7610B - Version ZJDE0004), inquire on freight/service nota fiscal and take the row exit Freight Note to access the Freight Processing - BRA (P76B807 ZJDE0004) application.
6. Manually enter the applicable amount for Freight (BFRT) in the Work With Landed Costs Screen (W76B807D).
7. Manually enter the inbound item nota fiscal number 598 HP and series to which the freight cost will be applied OR take the form exit NF Selection to inquire and select the inbound nota fiscais. Chosen inbound nota fiscal will appear in the grid of the Work with Landed Costs (W76B807D) screen.
8. Take the form exit Apply Landed Costs and click OK in the Apply Landed Costs - Item Summary (W76B807C) screen. Review the prorated amount of the landed costs to the inbound nota fiscal in the automatically displayed Additional Charges by Nota Fiscal (W76B807A) form.
9. Click OK on the (W76B807A) form, and a message informing the user that the Freight Note process has finished successfully will be displayed.
10. Click on the OK button on this screen to complete the process.
11. Inquire in Journal Entry Review for the receipt OV Documents for the non inventory item and the freight orders and Notas Fiscal. The entries look accurate.
NF Amount Account Number DMAAI
598 HP $ 1,350.00 (BU).4315 4315
$(1,350.00) (BU).1430 4320
599 HP $ 99.99 (BU).4315 4315
$(99.99) (BU).1430 4320
12. Then review the entries (AE) for the freight note applied to NF 598. System has created two batches and 2 sets of entries for the Freight Note:
Amount Account Number DMAAI
$(99.99) (BU).4385.(FRxx) 4385
$ 99.99 (BU).4315 4315
$ 99.99 (BU).4385.(FRxx) 4385
$(99.99) (BU).4315 4315
Confirm that entries are not hitting the expected DMAAI/Accounts for the Freight Note applied.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document