E1: 42: UOM Error (0298) When Pulling Lines From Sales Ledger Onto Credit Order (P4210)
(Doc ID 2621195.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 12, 2021
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Sales Order Entry - Version 9.0 to 9.2 [Release 9.0 to 9.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When the transaction unit of measure and the pricing UOM are not the same, an UOM error (0298) is thrown when trying to create a credit order from P40051 or from P4210.
0298 - Unit of Measure Invalid for Item xxxxx
Steps to duplicate:
1) Add or identify an item where the Primary UOM is (for example) BG (BAG) and the Pricing UOM (set in Item Master) is CA (Case). Adjust inventory in and add cost and price details. Add a conversion for the two UOMS in P41002.
2) Setup or locate a line type that is for Credit Orders but where the Inventory Interface is N. Can be added as CA, CN, etc if it does not exist.
3) Add a sales order for the item, ensure the Pricing UOM is displayed in the grid and differs from the Primary.
4) Add a version of P4210 to handle credit orders, typically a copy of ZJDE0002, where the line type is your line created in Step 2, and with CO order type. Set this version of P4210 to be called from the Ledger program, P42025.
5) Launch the version of P4210 added in Step 4, and take the exit to Credit Memo. Locate the order added in Step3, and select the line.
6) Close this form and note that the 0298 error is issued. If the Pricing UOM is changed to be the same as Primary and the user drops off the line, the error is removed
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document