E1: 34: Multi-Plant Requirements Planning R3483 when Using Defer Damper Days May Plan Unexpected Shortages
(Doc ID 2627755.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 13, 2020
Applies to:JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Requirements Planning - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When Requirement Planning R3483 is set with Defer Damper Days it may Cancel Orders rather than simply leaving them in place to meet future demand resulting in Shortages (Time Series shows =EA with Negative values). This is more likely when the item Quantities are set with Multiple and Max Order Quantity.
The issue can be reproduced at will using the following steps:
- Set up an item with Multiple Order Qtys (in this example = 1 per order)
- Enter Past Due and Future WOs
- Enter SO Demand that is not on the same days as the current WOs.
- Set R3483 Processing Options with Defer Damper Days (in the example 30 days)
- Run MRP
- Review Time Series and note =EA goes negative and the shortage is never satisfied.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!